Friday, July 26, 2013

Turbo

Ok, so this is the last post I'm making today, but not necessarily the last post I'm making until I see another film in theaters. I might review some films I own and/or have recently rented. That being said here's my review.

Turbo is basically Fast and Furious for kids, with a little bit of Ratatouille, and Cars thrown into the mix. If you liked any or all of these films, there's a good chance you'll like this. It's the best Dreamworks film since Madagascar 3. (I didn't particularly like Rise of the Guardians, and I haven't seen The Croods yet, but I might rent it when it comes out.) If you like underdog (or in this case undersnail) stories, fun action, and bright colors, in addition to electronica music AND tacos, this is the movie for you. I loved this film so much, I'm wishing December would hurry up and get here, so Netflix will put the tv show of this on. That's right. The first Netflix original series for kids, Turbo F.A.S.T. (Fast Action Stunt Team) will premiere in December along with over 500 hours of kids programming made by Dreamworks in the coming years. If its anything like the movie, it's enough incentive to keep my Netflix subscription, and just hope December comes soon, so I don't have to go by page after page of knockoff movies. (Chop Kick Panda, for example) LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! Grade: A+ 10/10 5/5 stars. Just be prepared for a catchy electronica song about halfway through the movie to get stuck in your head all day. 

1 comment: