Friday, July 26, 2013

Despicable Me 2

While this is much better and funnier than  the first film, I felt it overused the Minions. What made the first film so great, was they used the Minions sparingly. This one feels more like the Minions are the stars rather than Gru and his daughters. That being said, though, I'm still looking forward to the Minions movie next year. (Speaking of which, stay during the entire first half of the credits for a little teaser of that movie.) I felt this one had a stronger villain than the first one, better jokes, and just the right amount of silliness to make this one of the best animated films of the year. It has given me a fear of chickens though. Plus, it was written by two LDS screenwriters, and has a great Christian-based theme. (I can't say what it is without spoiling the ending, though) Basically, this movie will leave you feeling happy. Grade: A-  9/10 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment