Friday, July 26, 2013

Iron Man 3 Review

DISCLAIMER: This is my first review. So it may not be as great as future ones.

When it was announced in 2009 that Disney had acquired Marvel for $4 billion
I thought "Wow! Did they really need to, though?" Well, when The Avengers came out as the first Marvel film distributed by Disney, I was blown away! I thought, "Wow! I can't wait to see what they do with Iron Man 3 next year." Fast forward to May 3, 2013. I'm in a sold out show of Iron Man 3, and I'm giddier than a nerd at Comic-con. (Compliment, because I consider myself a nerd too. So no offense meant fellow nerds.) What's the first thing I hear when the movie starts?A voice over  narration by Tony Stark himself. Then something amazing happens. As the opening credits roll, I hear Eiffel 65's "I'm Blue (Da Ba Dee)."
I have to cover my mouth to keep from cheering. Then it's awesome action scene after awesome action scene. I leave the theater so excited I can't sleep that night. And yes, I did see the scene after the credits, because, to misquote a famous Lord of the Rings character "One does not simply leave a Marvel movie before the end of the credits." (Tell that to half my theater though.) The basic plot of the film is this. Tony Stark needs to figure out how to balance out his life as Iron Man, and spending time with Pepper, while defeating the new menace called The Mandarin. I think Robert Downey Jr. was absolutely brilliant in this, but man that precocious ten year old kid whose name I forget, really stole the show. And now I hear he's signed on for 3 more Marvel movies, which he hasn't revealed yet. Awesome! 
Iron Man 3: Grade: A-
9/10
4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment