Sunday, July 9, 2017

Spider-Man: Homecoming



This was absolutely, without a  doubt, the best "Spider-Man" movie ever! It's everything I loved about Spider-Man in the comics, cartoons, and video games growing up. It has his signature wisecracks, the fun thrills, and struggles of being a teen that Spidey is famous for. Michael Keaton gives a wonderfully chilling performance as the villain. There is one scene in particular that I won't spoil where his threatening demeanor is enough the frighten even a grown man. Spidey's tech-savvy sidekick also provides some wonderful comic relief. My one complaint was the actress Zendaya. She was so monotone and bored, that I was really starting to regret Disney buying Marvel at some points. (She was a Disney Channel star.) If she had put more emotion into her lines, or had  been given better direction, she could have been a more interesting character, but she just came off as bland. I will probably have to watch this movie several times when it hits Bluray, because I spotted some fun little Easter Eggs and inside jokes, and I'm sure there were plenty more that I missed. As always, stay for the very end of the credits. I'm not going to spoil anything, but lets just say that Marvel is starting to become very meta....and that's all I'm going to say about that. It's too good and too funny to spoil.
Grade: A-   9/10    4/5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment