Friday, June 23, 2017

Transformers: The Last Knight






This is going to be a very unpopular opinion and I may lose followers for this. Most of you will think me an idiot. But I loved this movie! It was absolutely fantastic! It's the best one yet! After 10 years they've finally learned: Whiny, millennial college kids are annoying. There are none of those characters here. Just Spielberg-esque precocious kids and other characters that are actually likable and well-written. And yet it still has the "12-year-old boy" mindset that brings explosions and epic battles. As far as plot goes, it is kind of silly, all over the place and doesn't really make sense. But it's a "Transformers" movie, you kind of expect that at this point. It does contradict the first one as far as the Transformers' origins, so I'm guessing this is a reboot, much like "Age of Extinction" was. The one thing that annoyed me about this was the way it was filmed. The aspect ratio changes literally every shot. Widescreen, then full screen, then widescreen, then full screen, over and over. It was really annoying. Who knows why they did that. Hopefully they fix this by the time the Bluray comes out. Overall, I'd say this is actually my favorite Transformers movie, and I highly reccommend it. Just don't expect it to be thought-provoking, intelligent, or Oscar winning, and you'll be fine.
Grade: A-   9/10  4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment