Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Top 10 Movies of 2018

Every year I say the same thing: This list gets harder and harder to make every year. There were a lot of great films I wanted to put on this list, but after a lot of thinking and careful analysis of each film I reviewed, I was finally able to rank the top 10. Just because a film isn't on this list doesn't mean I didn't like it, it simply means there were better films. (Please don't burn me at the stake for not putting "Black Panther" on here, OK?)

10. Pacific Rim: Uprising: This was just as good as the original, and I'm hoping there's a 3rd one soon.
9. Ocean's 8: Great cast, great story, great score. A worthy successor to the 2001 film.
8. Ready Player One: There is something for everyone in this film, whether they grew up in the '80's or not. Well done, Spielberg!
7. Solo: I can already here your hate comments being typed. This felt like classic "Star Wars". Just enough grand scale, without going over the top. Alden Ehrenreirch felt genuine as Han Solo, and I look forward to seeing him in more films.
6. Venom: Surprisingly funny, great action scenes, great acting.
5. Teen Titans Go to the Movies: Hilarious movie on par with the "Lego" films.
4. Ralph Breaks the Internet: What "The Emoji Movie" wishes it was. Had great story, a lot of heart, and a lot ( and I mean a LOT) of Easter Eggs and In-Jokes.
3. Bumblebee:  The first great Transformers movie. A great call back to the '80's that proves "Transformers" movies don't need to be big or over the top, and can tell a great story with a lot of heart.
2. Spider-Verse: Everything about this movie was great. It had a great story, great animation, and is the ultimate Spider-Man film (no pun intended)


And the number one movie of 2018 is.....





1. Avengers: Infinity War:  A conglomeration of over 20 movies, with 30 main characters more or less. By all rights, this should not have worked. And yet it did. This is one of the best Marvel movies ever, one of my personal favorite Marvel movies, and I'm proud to rank it as the best movie of 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment