Thursday, June 7, 2018

Ocean's Eleven (2001)





Finally got around to watching this, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It took a while to get going, but when it did , I was hooked. I enjoyed the film's many twists and smart writing. I had forgotten about things that were set up early on that ended up paying off later. There were several moments where I found myself going "Oh no. How are they going to get out of this one?" Much like the vault the main characters try to rob in the film, it had many twists and turns. It was just an all-around good old fashioned heist movie though a bit dated. You can definitely tell by the pop culture references, lighting, fashion/hairstyles, and cinematography that this was made in 2001. But maybe it was cool at the time. I don't know. The banter between the main characters is witty. I'm excited to see what happens in the sequels and the reboot/sequel opening this week.
Grade: A-   9/10    4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment