Friday, February 17, 2017

The BFG











It's sad this wasn't a success at the box office or with most critics. It's sad that most peoplevforgot this even came out. It's sad that Disney chose to not advertise for this movie and it suffered greatly as a result, because this movie is amazing! It's Steven Speilberg directing a movie based on a book written by Roald Dahl with a screenplay by the late Melissa Mathison. It's a win win win situation. The CGI is some of the best (if not the best) CGI I've ever seen. The attention to detail is astounding! The little liver spots, arm hairs, and pores on the BFG are so detailed and beautiful. The film is a fun, innocent little fairy tale romp that is perfect for kids. The story isn't very fluid, (to be honest I don't think I could tell you the linear plot. If you asked me what it was about I'd say it's about a girl and her giant friend who have various adventures), but that's the beauty of it. It's such a simple plot that really has nothing going on, but it's so fun and whimsical you love every minute of it. It's a great way to kill some time if you have it. Pop it in, turn off your brain, and enjoy the wonder that is this film. It took me back to my days of childhood innocence and wonder and I look forward to revisiting this movie many more times in the future.
Grade: A+. 10/10 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment