Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Magnificent Seven (2016)




This film is great! Great cast ensemble, great story, phenomenal action sequences (although the finale is extremely hard to follow because it's too fast-paced. It was hard to tell who to root for because I couldn't tell the good guys from the bad guys because the cuts were too quick, and it didn't give my brain enough time to register what was happening.) and just an all-around great Western. Although the villain was kind of weak. He didn't give me chills, and I honestly didn't see him as much of a threat. That's more the fault of the writing, not the acting. The acting was fine. Chris Pratt is awesome as always, as are Denzel Washington, and the rest of the cast. The action sequences were great! If an action sequence (or the lead up to it) gets me excited, it's successful by my standards. This more than delivered on that. I was definitely restraining myself from cheering in the theater. (If I were alone, I definetly would have, though.) 
Grade: A-   9/10.  4/5 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment