Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Storks







While the film is cute, clever, original and I did enjoy it, I need to put a warning here: The film's ending montage features a family of 2 men and a family of 2 women getting their babies delivered by the storks. Regardless of your stance on this, I know some families would choose not to see this film if they had that knowledge. I personally would not have seen it if I knew, but of course this got no media attention and I feel I was deceived. It's a shame this couldn't just be a fun family film. They had to sneak in an agenda at the very last second. For that reason, I cannot recommend this film. Up to that point, I thought the film was great! The plot was original, the writing was clever, the voice acting was great. The only character in the film I found annoying was the pigeon. He's supposed to be a comic relief villain but he just comes off as extremely irritating. The message of the film was that families are important, and you shouldn't get too busy with other things and spend time with your kids. I loved that! Again, it's a shame they had to throw in an agenda at the very last second. It wouldn't have affected the film at all to leave it out. Kids films do not need an agenda. Let me say that again Hollywood. Kids. Films. Do. NOT. Need. An. Agenda. Other than that, I thought the jokes in the movie were very funny. I can't remember the last time I laughed at a kids film instead of groaning. The wolves were my favorite characters just because of how energetic they were. They were hilarious! And the running joke of the baby putting everyone in a trance with it's cuteness was relatable for me. I've definetly "aww"d over my share of babies.  This would have been a great film if there were no agenda, but I guess I should expect nothing less from PC Hollywood at this point. I'll definitely be doing my research more carefully next time. 
Grade: B+.  7.5/10  3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment