Friday, November 3, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok



This more than makes up for the lackluster "Thor: The Dark World." Although, this still could have been better. I enjoyed it and thought it was fun, but the tone and style felt out of place for a Thor movie. I kept thinking "I'm watching Guardians of the Galaxy" with different characters. Everything from an '80s synthesizer soundtrack to bright unicorn-vomit visuals is here. While the film is fun, the plot was all over the place. It felt like watching 3 movies at once. I kept thinking "Just pick and stick with a plotline." It jumps from location to location and story arc to story arc very quickly, and at times it was very hard to keep up with. I had to keep backtracking at least 10 minutes in my mind to catch myself up. "Oh yeah, that happened." Jeff Goldblum had a lot to offer as the character "Grandmaster". He had some funny lines and made me laugh a few times. Cate Blanchett is chilling as the villain "Hela." If you thought Tom Hiddleston could be scary at times, just wait until you see her performance. There were a lot of fun Easter Eggs that foreshadow at things to come and it was overall, a very fun movie. Like I said, my only complaint is the all-over-the-place plot, but considering how boring "Dark World" was, I'm just glad we finally got a good Thor sequel, even if at times it still could have been better.
Grade: A-   9/10     4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment