Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Coco






Pixar is going back to their roots! Their last few films such as "Brave," "The Good Dinosaur" "Finding Dory", and "Cars 3" were all mediocre, or at least below the bar of what I've come to expect from Pixar. This gets back to what put Pixar on the map in the first place: Amazing stories with a heartfelt message. The visuals in this movie are amazing! They pop off the screen! I'm amazed how Pixar manages to outdo themselves with the animation every year. They really put a lot of time, care, and effort into making this film the best it could be. The story is fantastic, has some good twists and a bit of dark humor (which is surprising from Pixar), and an important, heartfelt message that will make you emotional. The songs in this movie were fun and catchy (although it is not a musical). This is one of the few times where I agree that Pixar should win all the Oscars, as opposed to more recent years where I said that they had monopolized and stolen the awards from films I thought were superior. As hard as I tried, I couldn't find anything to nitpick. Nothing that would dock this film from being a perfect score. It's not that I didn't want to like the film, but part of being a film critic is being critical. I tried to find something, anything, that could improve this film, but as hard as I tried, I just couldn't. It's a perfect film! This will definitely win the Oscar for Best Animated Film, and this time I agree that it deserves to instead of "It's Pixar. It wins by default."
Grade: A+  10/10 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment