Friday, November 4, 2016

Doctor Strange





This was amazing!!!! I went into this movie knowing nothing about the character. I kept myself completely in the dark. No comics, no animated movies, staying off IMDB Thursday night. Glad I did. There were tons of moments that wowed and surprised me, that I don't think would have had as big of an impact if I had read the source material beforehand. It was like putting Jedi in the movie "The Matrix." The visuals are so mind-bending that this is one of the very few times I would say go see it in 3D. (Unless you get headaches easily or suffer from motion sickness. Then stick with the standard version). The 3D is more than worth the extra price. The opening seen alone already feels like it was worth every penny. The movie is also very deep and thought provoking. "Civil War" was thought-provoking in a political way, and this is thought provoking in a science/psychological way. Benedict Cumberbaych does amazingly as always, but I do feel like he was typecast. He seems to be playing the "I'm smarter than you and I'm going to let you know I'm smarter than you every chance I get" character over and over. I'm worried he'll become like Johnny Depp and end up eventually becoming a parody of himself. I don't want to spoil anything, because like I said before, it's better to go in knowing nothing. I will say that I hope Marvel takes more risks with more obscure characters and that Fox finally stops being selfish and just gives them the rights to "X-Men" and "Fantastic Four" already! I want to see Tony Stark, Stephen Strange, Bruce Banner, Hank Pym, and Reed Richards have a science debate. Just make one big banter-fest movie of these characters. Just witty back and forth dialogue between them. That would be awesome! I'm excited to see how this movie ties in to "Infinity War." Definitely looking forward to seeing Doctor Strange appear in future movies. 
Grade: A-   9/10. 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment