Saturday, November 12, 2016

True Memoirs of an International Assassin




This movie wasn't as funny as I thought it was going to be, but it was still really enjoyable. It manages to be a parody of spy movies, while at the same time never being too cheesy or corny. Netflix is known for producing quality content, and this shows why. The story was really clever, (though at times it does feel like it's been done before.), the action sequences are impressive, and there are some funny lines of dialogue. I wouldn't say there are any moments in the movie that are hilarious, but there are definitely some times where I laughed. There are a few twists and moments of misdirection I didn't see coming. The acting isn't too bad. There wasn't really anyone in this movie I hated, and I liked the little bits of satire on spy movies. This isn't one of the best movies of 2016, but it's definitely worth checking out.

Grade: B   8/10  3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment