Friday, May 6, 2016

Captain America: Civil War





This is the best Marvel movie yet! Even if you're not a superhero fan, I still highly recommend this, because it doesn't feel like a superhero movie. Much like "Winter Soldier" it's more of a political thriller. It makes you think, and debate about accountability and other important issues, which is very unusual for a superhero film. It's not just mindless action. The action sequences, by the way, are some of the best I've seen in any superhero movie, Marvel or otherwise.  They're choreographed so well. There's a lot that goes on, yet you never feel lost or overwhelmed during them. Up until this point, Andrew Garfield was my favorite actor to portray Spider-Man. Move over, Andrew Garfield. Newcomer Tom Holland has taken your spot. I was a bit skeptical when he showed up in the trailers because I thought he sounded way too young. But when he started throwing around one-liners in true Spider-Man fashion, all that doubt instantly went away. Fun fact: Tom Holland starred alongside Chris Hemsworth in "In The Heart of the Sea," and it's because of Hemsworth's recommendation of Holland for the role of Spider-Man to Kevin Feige, the head of Marvel Studios that Holland was cast in the role. Great choice, Chris Hemsworth! I'm excited to see what this young man has in store for the future. This was everything I wanted, and more. Every time I think "Marvel can't possibly top this," they prove me wrong. But that's my worry. I'm worried that every Marvel film will try to outdo the predecessors by being bigger and better every time, until the MCU is eventually crushed by its own unattainable expectations. But until that day, I'll enjoy what the MCU has to offer. I expect great things from the next one: Doctor Strange. Great things, indeed.
Grade: A+. 10/10. 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment