Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tomorrowland


While the film was a little preachy in some parts, I enjoyed it as a whole. It felt like watching "Meet the Robinsons," which I loved. The one thing I didn't expect (especially in a Disney movie) was the warning about dystopian futures. It uses books like "1984," and "Fahrenheit 451" as examples. There is one scene where there's a vintage comic shop and there's Star Wars merchandise everywhere. (Subtle, Disney) I really enjoyed the positive message the movie has to offer, and highly recommend this film to everyone. If Brad Bird directs "The Incredibles 2" half as well as he directed this, I'm excited for it. He declined to direct "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" to direct this, and that was still a good decision because this movie is amazing! 
Grade: A-  9/10. 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment