Friday, May 15, 2015

Paddington


I didn't expect this to be as good as it was, because, come on, it's Paddington. But, surprisingly, I really enjoyed this film. The CGI for the bears is incredible, and the way the fur moves so realistically is amazing. Although, for a kids' film, it's surprisingly dark. A taxidermist wanting to kill Paddington?! What were they thinking?! You don't have Tigger trying to eat Winnie-the-Pooh. The addition of a villain felt unneccessary, although Nicole Kidman's performance was pretty great.  I was pleasantly surprised by Peter Capaldi's character. There's actually some inside jokes if you're a Doctor Who fan, at his expense. This isn't just some kids film. I really enjoyed it, more than I thought I would. Will it be nominated for an Oscar? Most likely not, but it is a fun film. The writing was great, the acting was great, the CGI was great. Everything about this film was great. I highly recommend it. Contrary to what I thought at first, it's not completely un-bear-able. The fact that it has 98% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes says a lot, especially considering the type of film it is.
Grade: A+ 10/10 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment