Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Poltergeist (2015)








When I saw the original Poltergeist, I wasn't really that scared by it. The remake, however, nearly made me pee my pants. My heart was still thumping as I left the theater. I did enjoy that there was a reference to the original. ("What's happening to you happened to another family back in 1982"). It was also interesting how they managed to make it modern day, yet still keep some elements of the original. (The family just moved into the house, and doesn't have a cable box yet, so of course there's static on the TV). You know that feeling you get where your stomach drops when someone sneaks up behind you? That happened to me several times. The only problem was Sam Rockwell's horrible acting. He has no emotional range in his voice and sounds very monotone. He's very boring to watch, and almost ruined the film. However, everyone else did a great job. 
Grade: B. 8/10. 4/5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment