Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Theory of Everything



I still say Benedict Cumberbatch should have won the Oscar for Best Actor, but Eddie Redmayne did a good job. He makes you believe that he is Stephen Hawking. This movie is very emotional, heartfelt, and beautiful. If I had seen this prior to making my Best of 2014 list, it would have been on there. I really enjoyed the score, and everyone acting did a great job. I really enjoyed the 2 "Doctor Who" references, and the theory that was used in the movie "Interstellar." It was amazing seeing how Stephen Hawking was suddenly diagnosed with this disease, and was expected to live for only 2 years as of the day of diagnosis, but defied those expectations and is still alive today. I really appreciate the care that the filmmakers took in making the film as accurate as possible. The real Stephen Hawking even said that at certain points of the film he thought he was watching himself. While I do disagree with the Academy, I still thoroughly enjoyed this film and am happy that it at least won some awards, even if I don't agree with the Best Actor win.
Grade: A+  10/10 5/5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment