Friday, April 14, 2017

Lion



Congrats to me! This is my 150th post!






This movie was amazing! I'm still overwhelmed by how fantastic and beautifully done this was! It's one of the few non R-rated Best Picture nominees of 2016, so I decided to give this rare oppurtunity a shot. I'm so glad I did. This is an absolute must see. The first half of the film is in different dialects of Indian with English sutitles, and that can be kind of hard to get through, but about 45 minutes or so into the movie when the dialouge is mostly in English for the remainder of the film. Dev Patel and costar Rooney Mara have something in common. They've both starred in terrible films, but have redeemed themselves with Oscar nominated films. (Patel was in that garbage "Last Airbender" movie, and Mara was in the most recent "Fantastic Four" remake and "Pan", but has starred in "The Martian which I liked.) This deserves the Best Supporting Actor and Best Adapted Screenplay awards it won. I agree with some critics that some parts of the film moved at a slow pace, but in my opinion the emotion portrayed in those scenes far outweighs the slow pace. The film is emotional and nearly made me cry. It's an absolutely fantastic and brilliant piece of cinema. 
Grade; A+  10/10  5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment