Thursday, March 3, 2016

Bridge of Spies



I'm disappointed in the Academy. This movie only won 1 Oscar. (Best Supporting Actor). While I do agree with that verdict, I feel it also should have won for Best Score. (Yes, I feel this should have beaten Star Wars: The Force Awakens, although that film didn't win either.) The score for this movie is absolutely phenomenal! It just swells! I could listen to it all day.  Tom Hanks is great in the leading role, (Let's be honest. When isn't Tom Hanks great?) the script has stellar writing (although it is slow in several parts, and if you don't study law you may lose interest during them as I did), and the overall film is just great! The opening scene alone is superb! Spielberg has done it again! Steven Spielberg directing a movie starring Tom Hanks. Thank you, Hollywood executive who greenlit this. If I had seen this prior to the end of 2015, it would have been on my top 10 list for sure!
Grade: B   8/10   4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment