Thursday, April 17, 2014

Rio 2







I'm just going to cut to the chase: It's "Lorax" with birds. The pro-environmentalist, liberal message isn't even subtle. However, the film does have its redeeming qualities. The songs are fun, unlike "Frozen" where the songs were too Broadway. Although the plot is "been there, seen that," it picks up by about the 3rd act. The original was, well, original, but this is "Shrek 2" mixed with "Madagascar 2." Why does Hollywood think that humans are evil? News flash guys, not all humans are greedy, power hungry, animal haters. Stop depicting us that way. Also, there were way too many pop culture references. Please stop trying to be "trendy." It's just cringe-worthy for us to watch. The jokes are predictable and don't work. However, the film as a whole is fun. 
Grade: B+ 8/10 3/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. You say, "It's the Lorax with birds" like that's a bad thing. :) I think you are a great movie reviewer. You make me laugh. And I think I will have to read regularly to make sure the movie I go see is worth it. My daughter wanted to see Rio 2 but I think I will skip it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so bad that you should skip it. I'd say wait for a discount theater or rent it.

    ReplyDelete