Thursday, December 26, 2013

47 Ronin

 
I saw 3 movies today! Man, I'm sore. Never again. Anyway here's the review.

Oh, trailers, why are you so inaccurate sometimes? The advertising makes this look like a must-see film. It is not. It's just silly.  However, although it is PG-13, it has minimal blood, (only the Ronin writing their names and then giving their thumbs a small cut, then pressing down on their name.)  it's goreless, has no nudity, or profanity. One of the cleanest PG-13 films I've seen in a while. (Along with Saving Mr. Banks which I also saw today)   But "based on a true story" as the ads claim? Highly doubt it. Dragons do not exist. If you're going to claim a film actually happened at least give it some realism. I walked in expecting something awesome, and came out thinking "Not as good as I expected, but just OK. I don't love it, I don't hate it. " I'm going to bed now, I'll post Saving Mr. Banks and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug tomorrow. 
Grade: C-   6/10   2.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment