Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

(Author's note: I won't be doing a book to film comparison like I did with Ender's Game. I read the book, but that was a while ago and I don't feel like going through 300 pages just to point out a few minor changes.) Review: It's much darker than the first film, and the games are more exciting. Some people said the beginning was boring, but that's how the first one was too. I'd rather they have good plot development rather then just rushing to get to the action. It's the character development and dialogue that fuels plot. They chose an actor for Finnick who looked just like his description in the book.  And yes, people  in the Capitol like to dress crazy in this as well. Even though there was little to no humor in the book, the film managed to have some very funny lines. (Mostly from Effie Trinkit and Haymitch) Grade: B   8/10 4.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment